Saturday, July 9, 2011

My 7th Blood Donation

Yeah, i couldn't wait until Monday to donate my blood as my previous post stated.. I was there to made my 7th blood donation in my life on thursday.. Along with Bryan and Wee Wei, we went to support the donation campaign after the first class ended at 11am.. Im glad that there were many others donating their blood.. The total donor for these 4 days campaign had reached 206 donor.. I really hope that there will be more donor coming for the last 2 days donation campaign in the admin building of UNITEN..

My 7th donation~

Bryan made his 2nd donation

Wee wei enjoying his donation with the funny face~XD


Sometimes i wonder why am i so supportive towards blood donation campaign.. Probably related to wad happen years ago.. When i was small, i always follow my parents when they went for blood donation.. My parents are very supportive too.. I remember once when im still in primary school.. My mom was infected by the most dangerous type of Dengue Fever which known as Deman Denggi Berdarah in Malay language.. This type of dengue fever can easily lead to death.. As i know, those patient who infected by this virus needs alot of blood transfusion.. Something related with blood platelets level dropping rapidly and need blood transfusion to raise it back otherwise the patient will die..

That time is like a dooms day for me and my family.. I can do nothing but to see my mom laying on the bed receiving treatment in hospital.. I can only cry and pray to God to save my mom.. There is one midnight when my mom went into critical condition and she receive alot alot of blood transfusion that time..If not mistaken it was total of 14 packet of blood.. Which is 6.3L of blood!! After the blood transfusion,my mom get into normal condition and slowly recovered.. Thanks God for the those who donated their blood to save my mom .. God bless you all..

Probably that is why i being very supportive for this type of campaign.. What can i see here is a small sacrifice can save people's life.. And a small sacrifice by 14 people had saved my mom!! The only thing i can do is pray for them and do my part as a donor to save others' life.. One day, we might need these blood to save ourselves or our family members(of course we dont ask for this thing to happen) but who knows? Not us to decide we want it to happen or not.. If ppl are not supporting this type of campaign, who going to save them? Are you going to donate 14 packet of blood yourself? And your blood might not suit them too.. Thats why we MUST fully support this type of campaign to help saves many more lives.. There are peoples who waiting for our blood to save them and get back to their family instead of leaving them!!

By the way, i have a friend who made his 1st donation! We were all supporting him when he donating his blood.. For sure everyone is scared for the first time, but he made it in the end.. Proud of you bro..

A little smile with frighten expression~


Finally he made it!! Proud of you Jaron~


Han Hui
10th July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment